Fuel Fill - nozzle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it just me? but filling the Yukon with gas, the nozzle trips off a lot!

don’t matter if nozzle is all the way in or not.

This the nature of the beast ?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Do you have any codes? I assume not, since you did not say. I was on a recent 330 mile trip from Eugene, Or. to a place that is 60 miles north of Seattle. During that trip I fueled at a Chevron station and had to stand there with the nozzle at medium pressure or less to get it filled. This frustrated me because, if you look at my build thread, I have replaced the entire evap system on my rig with all new OE Genuine GM parts and had no other problems before this and in the first half of July I was on a 5500 mile trip with no fuel fill problems, besides the amount my government had me paying. !@#$%^&*

Anyway, I had no other problems on the rest of the 330 mile trip and none since then. It turns out, there HAD to be a problem with the fuel nozzle itself. If you have another problem, then start to suspect the vent for the system while filling. @Fless is really good at helping about this problem.

I just noticed that you posted in the 2021+ section. If you have another problem, take it to the dealer for warranty work. I would bet that it was the nozzle that was causing the problems.

OP
OP
pa31p

pa31p

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems if I fill it when tank is above 50- 60% full it does this

When I fill from empty not issue. so problem resolved. fill it when looow!

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2011 suburban would do this constantly and was super frustrating. Would take forever to get a full tank. Thankfully I have not experienced this issue once on the '21. Had it a year and a half now and put just over 20k miles on it.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t have this problem on my ‘21. I would check, or have the dealer check, for a pinched breather hose from the gas tank. In particular there is one hose that passes over a frame brace but may be pinched under it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz