Front Strut Assy/ Bilstein 5100 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mb311

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm about convinced to do Bilstein 5100 front/rear on my 2011 Tahoe.

But without the option of a complete front coilover assy, I'm curious what I should do/what people have done in the past.

Tahoe as 165k miles and I don't want to count on reusing parts. Needing new springs too, so I'm wondering if I should just also order something like the Monroe quick strut and swap the Blisteins in there instead of ordering and piecing together all the other parts.

Anyone have a complete parts list for front coilover minus the strut?

Or does anybody just sell a complete assy with the 5100s?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the 5100s are, but if you liked the OEM ride, just buy GM struts from an auto recycler. Don't worry about build codes, etc. , or model years for that matter. 2007 to 2019 use the same bolts and mounting locations. I just put low mile 2019 Tahoe struts on my 2008 Denail with electronic struts. Swapped right in less than 1 hour. Rides great. Choose OEM whenever possible. My .02

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some folks purchase ready made struts and have liked them, others have not. I'm in the camp to build them from all new GM OE parts and did just that with my daughters last year.

I'm also of mind to use the parts that GM tuned specifically for my particular vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645