Front Bucket Seat not will not move full range.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BPiatchek

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just pulled the front bucket seat to install new seat covers. I have reinstalled the seat and every button works. The seat controls / buttons all respond when pressed. My problem is that the seat will move all the way forward but when sliding it toward the rear of the vehicle it stops halfway. I cant tell if the motor is in a bind or it it is stopping due to a limit switch being out of position.

I am thinking that maybe whatever component that tells the seat the it is all the way back and to stop, has been moved when i was working on the seat. If that is the case, i should see some sort of switch on the rail, but i do not. Does anyone know if the seat uses a limit switch. The motor is working great and the gears seem to working fine. Please help! I am stuck!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Please add your year and model of your truck, as the not all power seats are exactly the same. There are a number of threads on this Forum that describe seat function troubleshooting, and some of the more knowledgeable folks in this Forum on this topic will chime in, after you provide more details on your truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu