Forward Collision Alert

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Smacdonald82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon xl with 21000 miles. I recently noticed that my forward collision alert is not working or even appear to be on. The small green car that pops up on the gauge cluster when you are behind a vehicle no longer comes on nor does the vehicle alert and flash the red light when you’re approaching an object too quickly to avoid a possible crash etc. I can’t seem to find much help through google so I wanted to know if perhaps I turned it off by accident and do not realize it. Under my setting on the center screen I have all the collision warnings actiVated etc. All of my cameras work, my park assist all works, I’m just at a loss. Thank you!!!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2021 Yukon xl with 21000 miles. I recently noticed that my forward collision alert is not working or even appear to be on. The small green car that pops up on the gauge cluster when you are behind a vehicle no longer comes on nor does the vehicle alert and flash the red light when you’re approaching an object too quickly to avoid a possible crash etc. I can’t seem to find much help through google so I wanted to know if perhaps I turned it off by accident and do not realize it. Under my setting on the center screen I have all the collision warnings actiVated etc. All of my cameras work, my park assist all works, I’m just at a loss. Thank you!!!
I would browse thru the owners manual to where it describes the forward collision system and see what it says about turning it off & on, then try doing that if it does not respond then make a visit to the dealer. the only other thing I would maybe try otherwise is disconnection the battery ground for a few minutes and see if it starts working again, the software on these new trucks is still a slight bit buggy, it's kind of like restarting your phone.

OP
OP
Smacdonald82

Smacdonald82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would browse thru the owners manual to where it describes the forward collision system and see what it says about turning it off & on, then try doing that if it does not respond then make a visit to the dealer. the only other thing I would maybe try otherwise is disconnection the battery ground for a few minutes and see if it starts working again, the software on these new trucks is still a slight bit buggy, it's kind of like restarting your phone.
I’ll try the battery disconnect! Thank you

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don't think you CAN turn this off. I have a similar opinion, though. I've seen the red warning light, but I've never had it actually apply the brakes.. Has anyone else?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if disconnecting the battery does not work then it might need some kind of recalibration by the dealer if you have had any kind of fender bender or windshield replaced that could be it as well but you would think it would give some kind of error message if this was the case.

OP
OP
Smacdonald82

Smacdonald82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve had no type world fender bender or anything replaced on the vehicle. I agree! I can’t believe it’s not throwing some error or giving any type of notification. I honestly have no idea how long it’s not been working. Driving one day, I was behind someone and noticed that the green car was no longer showing up on my gauge clusters like it had before. I googled it and tried using the button on my steering wheel, went into settings on my center screen and turned everything off and on again, and nada. So frustrating

OP
OP
Smacdonald82

Smacdonald82

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After further investigation, my lane assist is also not working. Apparently it’s the camera at the rear view mirror that causes the issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667