Fluctuating RPMs at idle and hard shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jewelsgray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Tahoe LTZ with 147k miles. It started acting up and within 3 days it was undriveable... I had it towed to dealer and they said I needed a new transmission. I got a 2nd opinion and they said same thing.

Got the transmission rebuilt but it is not right. Shifting fine and smooth when cruising, but when I come to a stop it downshifts hard, RPMs fluctuate at idle. When I take foot off brake and push on accelerator, it takes a minute to kick in and then it slams into gear!

NO CODES...transmission shop is baffled... thinking it is something else?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Tahoe LTZ with 147k miles. It started acting up and within 3 days it was undriveable... I had it towed to dealer and they said I needed a new transmission. I got a 2nd opinion and they said same thing. Got the transmission rebuilt but it is not right. Shifting fine and smooth when cruising, but when I come to a
stop it downshifts hard, then RPMs fluctuate at idle. When I take foot off brake and push on accelerator, it takes a minute to kick in and then it slams into gear! NO CODES...transmission shop is baffled... thinking it is something else?
have the maf data tested, transmission shop should be able to handle that, surprised they didn't already

OP
OP
J

jewelsgray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok - I am taking it back in the morning and will mention that. I am starting to lose faith in their skill set. THANK YOU for the suggestion!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645