Fixed roof line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I always hated how the roof line looked like it just stopped. I like the look these NBS have with the vent caps being black makes it look like a wrap around window. I also like on the NNBS how the third brake light is like a small wing back there there, so I got this idea on how to keep the wrap around look and kind of make it look like a wing. Since I work at a vinyl shop and had a little free time I decided to give this a try and so far I think it turned out pretty good, still working on it but, let me know what you guys think
image_zps4a21be22.jpg
image_zpsea87db5f.jpg

boozer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always hated how the roof line looked like it just stopped. I like the look these NBS have with the vent caps being black makes it look like a wrap around window. I also like on the NNBS how the third brake light is like a small wing back there there, so I got this idea on how to keep the wrap around look and kind of make it look like a wing. Since I work at a vinyl shop and had a little free time I decided to give this a try and so far I think it turned out pretty good, still working on it but, let me know what you guys think
image_zps4a21be22.jpg
image_zpsea87db5f.jpg

Nice job, looks really good. I'll be heading over soon, lol

Mechahead

Reaction score
I really like the way that looks. Good job. I have always disliked the line there.

Last edited:

josueh95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now thats different..way to be unique and i like it! looks really good man :D

WHITEOUT

Dont Hate-Appreciate
Reaction score
I did something similar a year or so back. Always hated how the trim came to a point at rear windows and didn't flow and follow the lines. Really helps bring it all together better, flow with other windows and make the rear vent appliques look more like a pillar not caps.

Here's the thread I did about mine.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/foru...oeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38733

Always wondered if/when someone else would do this. Personally think it's how it should have come from factory. Now this is just my opinion, but think you should have came down farther in rear, and turned it in to follow windows. If you look at what I did, it gives the look of the paint just flowing into rear caps, and following the window lines. I do have color matched smoothies tho, so what I did flows into caps better to make them appear to be pillars. Just my opinion tho, and how I wanted mine and think looked best.

Can see I went further down on rear window trim, and have it turning into pillars on trim. And also did side window trims the same, to round it all off and not have such sharp, pointed lines.

IMG_20131220_114936_zpsivp028ni.jpg

IMG_20131220_115020_zpsf1yaoiyv.jpg

But definitely see what ur going for. Just to me, has a weird look at pillar, and shape. Not hating or ragging. I'm happy someone else is trying to do this, think it really helps out the rear lines . Just throwing out an opinion that $hit, may not be wanted, lol. Really Not bad tho. Good job doing it up. Should throw up a pic from farther away.

---------- Post added at 02:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

Thank you I have to give some credit to whiteout cause his Tahoe gave me the idea to try it out

:banghead: :insane:
Lol
Probably disregard what I wrote then. Obviously you have seen what I did or read it. :chair:
Thanks tho man. Glad you were willing to try it. Definitely helps the lines out. And gets rid of the horrible job they did from factory with those rear trim pieces, windows and top body lines. All bout the FLOW

Yuk_Nali_6.0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO it looks much better when you color match the vent caps. Then you could make the whole rear window trim white.

OP
OP
NeverSatisfied

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
now thats different..way to be unique and i like it! looks really good man :D

Thanks bud I really like still think it needs a little more work for better flow but so far I think it's going good

IMO it looks much better when you color match the vent caps. Then you could make the whole rear window trim white.

I thought about it but I really like having them black and it making it look like like one big window all the way around. If I ever get some smooth vent caps or some esky ones I will probably color match then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayden0529