FiTech ECU + Trans controller Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wizard Smokey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone here running or have experience with the FiTech standalone ECU? Specifically, I'm eyeing the Ultimate LS Standalone ECU with Trans Control, Part #70051. Some searching on this forum and other sites showed me mixed and/or vague reviews, but very few that were recent or had any amount of useful information. It seems like they had some QC issues when the kit was first launched those years ago, was that ever fixed?

I'm considering it as a more budget-friendly option to the comparable Holley Terminator kit, Part #550-927T.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are your goals? Using a standalone to run your suv? Drivetrain swap into a different vehicle? What is wrong with your original harness and wiring, and computer?

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never mind, found the other thread. Honestly, if you are just doing a burnout machine, i wouldnt worry about an aftermarket setup. Just get hp tuners and if you are going to run the bottle, pull some timing out and tou should be good as long as you uave supporting mods.

Open ring gap( most likely what killed the last engine)

Bigger injectors

Bigger fuel pump

Etc. Etc.

Stapleton42 ran a stock 5.3 with a turbo kit in a yukon xl on drag week and it survived. So a bone stock 5.3 for you should live if you have enough fuel.

OP
OP
Wizard Smokey

Wizard Smokey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Also, thanks for the ring gap tip! That's absolutely something I would probably have missed on another engine and done the exact same thing, lol.

Mudsport96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah no problem. Around .007 inches per inch of bore is a good place to start for nitrous or boost. So a 5.3 would be .026ish for the top ring and a 6.0 would be looking for. 028ish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63