first interior problem for the site.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WH0DAMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I have noticed is the door handle is usually the 2nd thing wrong. The first thing is usually the door bushings. The door starts to sag and it makes the door harder to open so you pull harder on it. Then...snap. The customer comes in for an inner door handle replacement and we look at the bushings and they are usually worn out. If your bushings are in good shape then thats awesome but if not, replace the pins and bushings. Otherwise you will be replacing that inner door handle again real soon.

goose40

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My door handle broke off in my hand as well. After reading this I plan to replace door pins/bushings (is that hard to do?) and go get the new handle. I yanked the old one out over the weekend, and have to do the "window down, door open" technique to get out of the truck.

OP
OP
TahoeGoBoom

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
My bushings are fine. no sag in the door either.

and RT, i accept credit, so feel free to turn your credit score over to me. I'll even let you pick the color.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
My bushings are fine. no sag in the door either.

and RT, i accept credit, so feel free to turn your credit score over to me. I'll even let you pick the color.

are you kidding I didnt get 820 over night!!!!!! By the time you were done it would probably be at 400.

oakster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just popped another rivet in when I did mine vs putting in a bolt.

Just make sure you do one or the other b/c w/out it the handle can slide and pop off the door panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT