first interior problem for the site.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
alright guys, so my interior door handle decided to stop working. then, it decided to snap off inside the door. so, has anyone changed one before? how hard is is? it looks to be riveted to the steel piece of the door thats removable, but that takes the window motor and everything with it i think. for those who dont know me its a 99 4-door.

oh, and where the hell do i find a blue handle without going dealer. junk yards seem to never have A) doors, B) blue interior. :emotions122:

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
ebay has those door handles. or classic parts of america does.. when you get your door handle stuff, try putting a kink or make the metal rod a little smaller for less travel when you pull the door handle. Bucz those things stretch over time and then you begin to pull further and further and thats when they all break. so shorten the metal rod by bending it all little..
I dont think the window motor should be attached to it, but i could be completly wrong..

OP
OP
TahoeGoBoom

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
the rods have been fixed. lol. I did that a few weeks ago, thats why i was pissed when it stopped working. but since the door handle is no longer attached inside the door, it makes sense. thanks for the ideas, i'll check em out.

mross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
my handle broke same way,i got my handle at autozone and the window motor was not attached to the rivet you have to drill out for the handle.only trouble i had was finding a bolt to replace the rivet and it was a matter of digging through my junk bolts

OP
OP
TahoeGoBoom

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
well i guess i'll check autozone tomorrow. thanks for that idea. I was afraid of the rivet, mostly cuz i knew i'd need to find a screw since the rivet gun seemed to walk off.. Hopefully i can get it done 2moro. rolling down the window to open the door has really gotten old.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing last summer. I bought mine on ebay for like $13. Just make sure you take your time taking off that plastic bezel...they break really easily.

OP
OP
TahoeGoBoom

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
I'd had the door panels off alot, so the bezel wasnt an issue for me. Bought em from advance auto for 15 n change. the install went flawless, they even had blue! lol.

and for anyone who has the whole, "i have to yank on my handle to open my door" problem, if bending the rod doesnt work, replace the handle. the door opens like new now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe