firestick not able to connect to wifi hotspot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22ohdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I went through the initial onstar setup call and have the wifi hotspot. The screen upfront is showing my ssid and password and allowing connected devices to share internet.

I attempted to connect a firestick to the rear monitors and it recognizes the wifi but after entering the password I get a message saying can't connect to amazon, select another network. I then connected to the home wifi and everything works perfect. Setup the firestick using that method and then went into settings to connect to the car wifi and it will connect and save, but says "no internet"

Any idea what could be wrong? My phone connects to the car's wifi to use android auto wireless just fine.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through the initial onstar setup call and have the wifi hotspot. The screen upfront is showing my ssid and password and allowing connected devices to share internet.

I attempted to connect a firestick to the rear monitors and it recognizes the wifi but after entering the password I get a message saying can't connect to amazon, select another network. I then connected to the home wifi and everything works perfect. Setup the firestick using that method and then went into settings to connect to the car wifi and it will connect and save, but says "no internet"

Any idea what could be wrong? My phone connects to the car's wifi to use android auto wireless just fine.
you need to confirm that you actually have internet via the onboard 4g, android auto only needs wifi to work so that isn't confirming you have internet access only that you have wifi
so try connecting a tablet or connect your phone and then turn off cellular data and see if you can connect to the internet

alexalex

Reaction score
So have you solved your issue? Personally, I've just got a firestick. If you google "cast to firestick" it turns up many sites with info on this. I am not savvy enough to understand the nuances of this yet. Or visit this tech blog dedicated to firestick https://www.firesticktricks.com/ . I've been using it currently as a main sorce for information

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401