Finding the ground? Cooked all of my 12v receptacles.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on my 2005 gmc yukon XL i noticed my OBD II port was not working. There was no power to the port and I checked the Cig fuse as that is really where the problem is. Nope it was fine. The other night, I lost use of everyone of my 12v receptacles. When I pulled each on of them out, each one failed the ohm test. They were cooked. When I went to the dealer, I got the replacements. i checked the OBD II and the port now works. I only have one port getting 12 v's, the others only have about 4v's. Using a power probe, I am at a loss to figure out where I am shorting out.

Suggestions?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wires may have melted together somewhere, you may need to start checking continuity from the adapter harness back to the fuse box

OP
OP
Searay45db

Searay45db

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to find the wiring harness diagram. Any idea? I have it ripped apart. One works.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to find the wiring harness diagram. Any idea? I have it ripped apart. One works.
I think the easiest way is to look up the gm up fitter diagram, you can find it online it shows a lot of the wiring and doesn't take a Einstein brain to figure out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne

Latest posts