Finally sold my tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
staying here pff ofcourse im staying here
i did actually check out a few forums specific to my mountaineer and i either end up with nobody has a clue so i get no answers. the other side is being treated like im an idiot because i want to change something that just makes sense to me.
this is the only forum ive been a member of that is constantly active in all year ranges. mostly full of helpful and friendly people. if i go elsewhere and actually have a question im not going to get it answered anyway. might as well just stay here and try to help where i can. rather be part of something good than be part of something bad. im already part of one of those forums. people regularly joining but theres only 3 knowledgeable/semi knowledgeable people active. im one of them and the other guy is hella sporadic. the third guy might be more knowledgeable than me but he might as well be demon spawn the way they talk to people.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
mountaineer just happened to be a premier version with alot of the options i wanted with the good engine. alot less mileage and no issues vs my 97 which had some minor issues nothing serious but 10 yrs older and 50k more mileage(176k). and interior and exterior on the mountaineer condition arguably made my tahoe look like a jalopy in comparison.

also im not necessarily a ford, dodge, or chevy fan. i think all 3 brands have had some serious wtf moments that keeps me away from certain models or versions of certain models entirely.

Fair enough.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, glad to see it go to someone in need that will hopefully take care of it, probably sell it back to you, and hope you stick around as your experience and knowledge of those trucks is priceless here.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
buddy texted me last night to tell me how much of a beast he thought it was. they went from a very worn out xterra to a tahoe so power difference is expected. it did run really good but performance it really only had the intake shorty headers and the exhaust.

OP
OP
drakon543

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was the problem and did you charge them anything?
died while driving and no spark from the coil. good ground and solid 12v present at the coil and icm. was also getting power during cranking for the ic wire from the ecm. also absolutely not i even tried to refuse payment for the parts i purchased. they insisted they pay me back for the parts and his wife cooked me dinner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_burks