Finally made a decision, bought a 2014 Chevrolet Tahoe PPV w/ 41,000 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foeteef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The pushbar is easy to remove. There should be 2 bolts on each side, then 2 bolts on top to remove the push bar. Then you have 2 bolts attached to the trans cooler, then 2 bolts on the bottom bumper bracket where the tow hooks go. You have to remove the bumper.

Its a police vehicle so it rides pretty firm. I changed out my suspension completely with belltech shocks, springs and coils and it rides awesome.

Stock console, try searching junkyards. Tahoe, suburban, yukon even Sierra denalis will fit. They are kinda pricey, i got a good deal on mines for like 150 bucks or so.

3rd row seating is easy, get the brackets off ebay, the bolts that came with mine didnt fit so i went to home depot to get the bolts. Theres a few videos on how to install, need a box cutter, a good sharp pair of carpet scissors and needle nose pliers.

Any seats from a tahoe, yukon, Escalade will bolt up in our truck, but the wiring is going to be different. I dont mess with wiring cause all it takes is one wrong wire to create a nightmare so I elected to have my front seats reupolstered to leather.

Good looking truck man. Reminds me of mine when i first got it
You replaced with beltech parts, cab you by chance send me the part numbers for setup . And did you keep same height?

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You replaced with beltech parts, cab you by chance send me the part numbers for setup . And did you keep same height?

I dont have the part numbers on hand. Just go to their website and put ya trucks info in.

Its no longer stock height, 3 inch drop up front and 4-4.5 in the rear.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a bigger sidewall tire along with a Belltech setup, the ride is 10X better than a factory PPV with the RSA's. All that is in the notes in my sig below. I'm still at PPV height, maybe a touch lower, but have way better suspension components and the better tire size. I consider it win/win.

Best thing to do is figure out what you want, then message @NORCAL SS and he can get you exactly what you need. Do you want a stock'ish ride height? A little lowered? Slammed? Figure that out, message Tony, he will get you absolutely everything you need......you will just need to find a shop to install, unless you are capable.

Darren

OP
OP
J

Jathur02

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats on your new PPV. I recently bought a retired Florida Highway Patrol 2012 PPV and had to do some interior modifications (Steering wheel with radio controls swap, add center console seat, add DIC switch, add 3rd row seat). I posted updates on these in my thread if you want to view any of my write ups.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/2012-tahoe-ppv-new-owner-here.117090/

Just recently got it back after getting new paint job and it looks brand new.

The 3rd row seat is pretty much like what everyone said, you can buy the bolts and seats used online. I bought my bolts ($43.00+) and seats ($630+ Free shipping) via Ebay. Some seats can get pricey, but you just have to shop for the best price and make sure the seller (on Ebay) has a long history of very good feedback and near 100%.

Regarding the tires. My PPV came with Goodyear RSAs which is what the FDLEF typically use on all their service vehicles. The tires look fairly new and seemed to look like they had a lot of good tire tread, but they were terrible. Had so much vibration at highway speeds so I took it to my local Discount Tire and had them re-balanced, but that didn't help as the vibration was still there. I don't know if it was because it was sitting at the auction lot for about month or so, so I suspect the tires developed a flat spot, therefore I took it back to the tire store to replace them with a new set. I was going to get the Kumho Crugen HP71s, but the tire shop said they no longer stocked them because they were discontinued so went with the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport high performance tires. What a difference that made. The vibration is gone and the ride was a lot smoother cruising at highway speeds. Can't be happier with these tires.

As far as ride handing, yeah my PPV it is a little stiffer than a non-PPV civilian Tahoe, but it doesn't bother me. I'm used to driving sports cars with stiffer suspensions.

As for the push bar and the spotlight, I think they're pretty cool so didn't remove them.

Good luck with your project.

I found a third row seat at a junkyard for 150 in excellent shape, I think I got pretty lucky. I'll post some pics once I get it installed. I'll look into those tires as well when I have to change them.

Welcome to the forums.

Nice ride especially with the low miles.

PPV’s I’ve been told ride a little hard due to the ability maneuver easier.

If your interested in selling the front push bar with the mounting brackets I would be interested. Not sure what it would be to ship to PA.

Appreciate that man. I will let you know if I take it off. It's starting to grow on me, ha.

What are factory options coming with the truck? Please post a pix of pro code stick that is inside of glove box.

I will take a picture and get it posted soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts