Finally got some 24's on my Tahoe!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:word: Yeah, I've already gotten some prices from Tony, too, and I'll be ordering from him once I have cash in hand. I'm with you in not wanting too severe of a drop. I want just enough to level it out and make it look better. Once I've got the 2" drop done I'm going to start looking for rims. I'm also waiting until my current tires are in need of replacement so while I wait I might as well get other mods done :D

That's exactly what I want! Just leveled.. not trying to go much lower. Rims before the drop? Remember the rims you choose will affect the tire size which in turn affects the offset. That's mainly why I got the rims first. Just a thought.. anyways good luck with the rims/drop! Yea there are so many mods.. I just got a brand new oem esky 3rd brake light and housing!! Can't wait till it's painted and I can put it on... looks SO much cleaner then the tahoe 3rd brake light...

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I love the slides, your truck would look great with a 2/4 drop here is my homie's white 07 I dropped:

IMG00505.jpg

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha that's funny. I saw that tahoe before I even chose what rims I wanted. Before I got them, I showed that exact pic to a few friends asking what they thought about the rims/drop. I thought it was the perfect combo. Im gonna have to think hard about what drop to get-- the 2/4 or rear 2" drop. Good job on the drop btw looks great!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the slides, your truck would look great with a 2/4 drop here is my homie's white 07 I dropped:

IMG00505.jpg

Is this a 2WD or 4WD? I ask only because I wonder how much more difficult a 2/4 drop is on a 4wd compared to a 2wd. Another reason I was choosing the 2" rear drop for my burb is it's something I could easily do in my driveway and I like doing things myself on my vehicles.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
2wd or 4wd doesn't matter they're all easy to drop, my denali is 4/6 and I've never had any issues with CV shafts/boots/etc. I prefer the belltech 25003 2" drop struts and 34324 4" coils, my friend at work has the same setup on a white 08 with stock wheels I'll see if I can get a pic but the stance is great and it rides nice and smooth.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: awesome thanks for the info on that man :Handshake:

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd or 4wd doesn't matter they're all easy to drop, my denali is 4/6 and I've never had any issues with CV shafts/boots/etc. I prefer the belltech 25003 2" drop struts and 34324 4" coils, my friend at work has the same setup on a white 08 with stock wheels I'll see if I can get a pic but the stance is great and it rides nice and smooth.

Wish you lived by me Max i'd hire you to do mine!

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish you lived by me Max i'd hire you to do mine!

From talking with Tony, if you stick with the 2" rear drop you should be able to do that yourself in your driveway. He said he could do the 2" drop in like 15 minutes so I'm going to assume it'll take me like an hour to do once I get around to it :D

OP
OP
felixgun

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From talking with Tony, if you stick with the 2" rear drop you should be able to do that yourself in your driveway. He said he could do the 2" drop in like 15 minutes so I'm going to assume it'll take me like an hour to do once I get around to it :D

REALLY??? 15 minutes??? I won't hold my breathe. haha with wiring/small mods those ETA's are accurate for me but when it comes to suspension/under the hood.. it's a different story! I -WISH- I was as good with cars as computers, but then again if that were true i'd be a mechanic and not a systems admin haha.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
REALLY??? 15 minutes??? I won't hold my breathe. haha with wiring/small mods those ETA's are accurate for me but when it comes to suspension/under the hood.. it's a different story! I -WISH- I was as good with cars as computers, but then again if that were true i'd be a mechanic and not a systems admin haha.

:word: same goes for me but in computer programmer form..... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts