Factory parts with no part numbers or reference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shotptrdj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Was wondering how often Tahoe / Yukon owners are encountering factory original parts with no part numbers? How common is that? On my 2007 Tahoe I've been frustrated by not being able to find any part number or reference for the rubber flap guard which protects the ABS computer in the undercarriage, as well as the little 1/4 twist knobs which hold the "storage cover trim" compartment cover in the rear interior driver's side where the jack is stored. The door doesn't come with them, and the only other way I can see to order them is to find the entire inertior panel of that wall which they are mounted in. I subsequently went to a junkyard to get a twist knob out of a another Tahoe. Still nothing on the rubber flap for a part, not sure where / what to use as a replacement.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was wondering how often Tahoe / Yukon owners are encountering factory original parts with no part numbers? How common is that? On my 2007 Tahoe I've been frustrated by not being able to find any part number or reference for the rubber flap guard which protects the ABS computer in the undercarriage, as well as the little 1/4 twist knobs which hold the "storage cover trim" compartment cover in the rear interior driver's side where the jack is stored. The door doesn't come with them, and the only other way I can see to order them is to find the entire inertior panel of that wall which they are mounted in. I subsequently went to a junkyard to get a twist knob out of a another Tahoe. Still nothing on the rubber flap for a part, not sure where / what to use as a replacement.
Some parts do have sub-assemblies that we are not privy to the part numbers. I use a Mitchell Crash Estimating Guide for things like you describe to find the part numbers. GMPartsDirect has decent diagrams for parts and GMPartsGiant has a better listing for parts but I've yet to be able to view their diagrams, can't figure it out so I switch tabs to GMPD or open up the Mitchell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts