Factory extarnal 6 disc Cd changer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubsXL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about adding a carputer to my factory nav radio and I am curious if it would be possible to tap into the feed that the factory head unit uses for the factory 6 disc changer. My idea is to maintain the stock headunit for the radio and XM functions and then have the carputer for all other audio sources. What I would like to do is just use whatever wire the CD changer uses to send an audio signal to the factory headunit and use those to wire the carputer into the radio for its audio out.

Does any of this make sense? can anybody point me to what color wires I would need to use coming into the radio from the factory 6 disc changer?

This is for an 03 Denali XL

Last edited:

OmarR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back of the NAV, second smaller harness:

Dk Green/White (H) - Right audio
Brown White (J) - Left audio
Black/White (K) - common audio

Keep in mind that these 3 wires, at the back of the NAV, are the audio inputs coming from the XM, Onstar, and 6 disc changer. There is a "junction" splice box mounted either to the left or right (sorry, forgot which side) of the radio. If you want to have some of the units still wired to the factory unit, and others to the carputer, you will have to get the wires on the other side of the junction box, before they all splice into 3 simple wires. So it should be like 9 wires going in, and 3 wires coming out at the splice. You will have to catch it on the 9 wire side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amendez