Extended warranty programs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these extended warranty programs I see on tv.
Are they on the up and up (US Direct Protect) or should they be ignored

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine worked out decent but you have to be careful what they say they will cover. Mine covered a used transmission, not a rebuild of any sort. It also does not cover A/C work, flex fuel sensor and some other stuff.

I hear in Texas there is a class action lawsuit for these fly by night places that will sell you the warranty and deny the claim.

My suggestion is to research the company. Call a few shops and a couple dealers to see if they heard of them, then work with a shop that is experienced in dealing with these aftermarket warranty companies - they can usually give you the scoop before the work even begins.

B

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear in Texas there is a class action lawsuit for these fly by night places that will sell you the warranty and deny the claim.

That's the infamous Warranty Gold case. I know this one well cause I'm part of the class action. Had their extended warranty on my Grand.

Long short short: WG was a reputable company, but their accounts were held off-shore (somewhere in the Caribbean IIRC). The outfit that held their holdings went bankrupt, and WG's cash was frozen, forcing them to deny claims and they eventually went under.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Speardog