Exhaust help - 2016 Yukon Denali XL - Magnaflow 12909 or Corsa?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bamachem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, I've read about 50 posts on various exhaust setups and watched about all the videos I can find for 6.2L 2015+ GM truck exhausts.

My 16 Yukon Denali XL has the stock exhaust with the flapper bolt mod. I want to add a set of black tips similar to Corsa, but also want to get a better tone.

Options:

I found a deal on a corsa exhaust under $900 delivered plus $100 gift card. Install and hope it's not louder than I want.

Borla GM - maintains the flapper and may be too quiet, and extra $ for the tips.

Borla - no flapper but still have to buy the tips

Magnaflow 12909 muffler swap, but adding the dual side-exit tip means deleting the resonator as well. Will it drone or be too loud if i do both? Thinking about deleting the flapper too if i do a muffler swap.

I like the sound/tone of the magnaflow videos I've found, but afraid deleting both the flapper and the resonator will lead to issues.

I like the price on the corsa kit, but afraid it will be too loud for me (but I am running 33 MTs so noise isn't going to bother me too much).

I'm not really considering the Borlas right now even though I run some on my 72 K5 Blazer and live the sound/tone.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went with the GM BORLA on my RST and love it. Unless you are wanting to be that guy that wakes the neighbors it is plenty loud.

OP
OP
B

bamachem

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Definitely don't want ridiculously loud, just a touch more volume and maybe a touch deeper tone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972