EV GMC lineup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris80

Reaction score
I just saw an article previewing the new Sierra EV. Will GMC include an EV Yukon in this lineup?

1639608553131.png

outkastist

Reaction score
From what I've read, it sounds like they will, but not for something like 2-3 more years.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love it or hate it the world is going electric so you know an electric big suv is in the works. Once they get things dialed in with long range EV's and solar charging or in road "wireless" chargers so you don't have to stop I'll be all over one of these.

tabraha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm in if they can get me a Yukon XL with 400mi+ range and the torque that my Model S has. If the drivetrain in the Hummer lives up to the hype that shouldn't be a problem as I'm sold on what the electric motors bring to the table. Best move I ever did was try an EV out for myself and not believe half of what is on the web LOL. Just wish I could get one that made the same noises the LT4 in my (slower) ZL1 makes!

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
love it or hate it the world is going electric so you know an electric big suv is in the works. Once they get things dialed in with long range EV's and solar charging or in road "wireless" chargers so you don't have to stop I'll be all over one of these.
The fossil fuel power grid wouldn’t have enough juice to supply thousands of electric vehicles charging day and night amd u think solar would?!? Not a chance man, not trying to be a dick but this EV shit is so stupid.

22ohdenali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ev is an interim solution. Rare earth mining and copper mining won't be able to keep up with the requirements that all these claims that we will be 100% EV fleets by 2040.

Not to mention those of us who tow or drive on roads with steep grades etc... A 400 mile range on flat surface can turn to 150 miles or less real quick when you add a trailer of any sort and steeper mountain highways.

Hydrogen would be the best solution for clean emissions and clean manufacture. Toyota just tested a fully hydrogen car with 800 mile range.

Also compare a 5 minute fuel stop to a 30+minute stop to recharge...

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fossil fuel power grid wouldn’t have enough juice to supply thousands of electric vehicles charging day and night amd u think solar would?!? Not a chance man, not trying to be a dick but this EV shit is so stupid.
My point was WHEN they come up with better technology that can support solar or in road charging or maybe something they haven't even dreamed up yet then these big EV's would be awesome. Long range super plush family hauler with full torque on demand, would that be so bad? And for the record I do not agree with or endorse the push to go all electric. It's just the new reality being forced on us, like it or not. I actually really like driving my small fleet of gas guzzlers

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My point was WHEN they come up with better technology that can support solar or in road charging or maybe something they haven't even dreamed up yet then these big EV's would be awesome. Long range super plush family hauler with full torque on demand, would that be so bad? And for the record I do not agree with or endorse the push to go all electric. It's just the new reality being forced on us, like it or not. I actually really like driving my small fleet of gas guzzlers
It’s all part of the communist new world order

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I'm in if they can get me a Yukon XL with 400mi+ range and the torque that my Model S has. If the drivetrain in the Hummer lives up to the hype that shouldn't be a problem as I'm sold on what the electric motors bring to the table. Best move I ever did was try an EV out for myself and not believe half of what is on the web LOL. Just wish I could get one that made the same noises the LT4 in my (slower) ZL1 makes!

There’s an aftermarket “exhaust” for the Tesla that uses speakers. Kind of funny, but it sounded great (on my earphones while I watched it on my phone). I’d imagine you’ll be able to do the same once these GM EV’s are out for awhile. Maybe it’ll even sound better than your LT4. Hmm..I doubt it.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I just saw an article previewing the new Sierra EV. Will GMC include an EV Yukon in this lineup?

View attachment 358163

Absolutely. Like others have said, they are planning by 2024. They started with the new GM Hummer.

Kind of looking forward to it since I love the instant power. Not a big fan of all those batteries ending up in the landfills after they are depleted of the useful energy (I’m pretty certain they aren’t recyclable, but I could be wrong). When we do get an EV, I plan to outfit our house with solar panels to keep it charged (and hopefully have enough energy to power our house in addition to live off the grid).