Escalade third brake light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've tried seaching with NO luck. Do I need the entire glass or just the light assembly. Also will one from a short Esky fit on my Yukon XL.

I have access to an abandoned truck at my friends work and I need to know if I can just swap my rear glass and third brake light over to the Esky so it is still complete looking? Or can I just strip off the third brake light and just install my third brake light on the parts truck? I don't want to risk ending up with a broken defroster.

Volant1

Volant guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its the glass and the light the lower gate is the same though, as far as Ive heard the upper gate is the same on the XL

Black03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's the same window. its really really easy to change the whole window out, it's just 2 washers on top you remove and disconnect the window shocks and remover your old third brake light and slide whole window to the right and off it goes. took me 30 minutes to do by my self

TyFlyer21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Strip that truck down, grab the following if possible:
Rear glass
Rear vent caps
Roof Rack
Shift Lever

The glass will swap right out.

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Glad I checked the forum this morning. On my way to work my rear glass just shattered out of no where. After calling all over town and having no luck finding a rear glass for a Tahoe (well one that wasn't any cheaper than $500) I started checking for a Escalade rear glass after reading here and found several for $400, bought one and installed it in less than 15 minutes.

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Here is a pick of the back glass, I still have to get the third brake light housing painted. I also picked up a left side Escalade applique panel or vent that goes next to the rear window for $30 and it's the correct color, just need to find the right side now!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OP
OP
fire730

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wetvette-What year is your truck? Mine is an 04 and it has molding around the whole back glass.

wetvette92

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine is an '03, the original back glass had the molding, but the escalade on does not. I thought this was kinda strange GM did this, I figured all the glass were the same, just the brake light config. was different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz