Escalade Power Step R&R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Headed home for a few days from long term work assignment in a couple of weeks. I am looking to replace the power steps on the Escalade. I purchased a new set from the dealer and dropped it off with my painter. He has been helping me hook up my rides for more than a decade now.

Anyway, we de-texturized the power steps, smoothed out and had them color matched to match the paint when they are in the stowed position.

Is there an override switch or method to keep them open or do I keep a door open or ajar while we are working on replacing the power steps? Just thinking and asking ahead of time as opposed to trying to figure it all out real time.

IMG_0647.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the button to keep them extended out is at the left side of the infotainment screen and I think it’s the top or just below the top button, on the Escalade. It has to be in accessory mode to set the boards to extended and then when you shut it off they stay out.

OP
OP
Staggered 02

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool deal man! Thanks for the response. Now I know where to look.

Should make the switch very straight forward. Can't wait to get home and get these installed instead of them taking space wrapped up in my garage. But better in the garage than taking up space in the painter's spare bedroom.

20190424_193703.jpg

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heya what’s up staggered02. If you don’t mind me asking how much did you pay for your assist steps? I just bought a 2017 Escalade and it has the regular running boards. I want to buy the assist steps and swap them out. Also wondering if they are a plug and play thing or is any programming involved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low