Engine squealing...please help me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akamitts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I have a 2002 Denali XL with 166000 mi. Recently the engine started squealing so I thought it was the serpentine belt. I replaced that with a Gates of the same size but it was still there so I took it back. Now it only does it when it is cold or I give it a little bit of gas. It does not do it when I idle when it is warm or when I floor it. I have checked all the pulleys and they all spin freely with no play in them. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

quadboy75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Could be a number of things, first you said that you replaced with a gates of the same size?? Was this the correct part because those belts stretch out. Other then that it could be a bearing in the water pump, alternator, etc, or could be just in need of some belt dressing.

OP
OP
akamitts

akamitts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well I replaced the belt almost one year ago because the old one was pretty worn with a lot of cracks. I just put on a new tensioner and put some belt dressing on too. Now it only does it at start up and when I give it any gas other then those times is sounds as it should

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xmen_1217