Engine replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ali saleh

Reaction score
Hi i have friend selling Very low mileage 5.3 Vortec engine 78k miles pulled out from wrecked 2001 GMC yukon i would like to know if anyone can help me with the swap my current engine is Vortec 6.0 Lq4 ticking knocking and leaking i want to know if the 5.3 will fit and work with out any modifcations i appreciate anyone who will help me with info on this swap

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you'd be much better off fixing yours versus a negative effect swap. IMO a negative swap.

Like stated though just get all the engine parts from the wrecked vehicle and drop them in.

OP
OP
A

ali saleh

Reaction score
I think you'd be much better off fixing yours versus a negative effect swap. IMO a negative swap.

Like stated though just get all the engine parts from the wrecked vehicle and drop them in.
You are right on fixing but due to budget and i got a deal on the 5.3 i will be saving a lot of money of fixing or rebuilt the 5.3 i only paid i
$500 from a friend with 78k miles and so clean and sound perfect no noises or leaks

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
With out a tune the timing will be advanced too much and it will be dumping in more fuel than it needs. And that's just two of the tunning that come to mind first. Save and buy another 6.0. Less trouble in the long run for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlazinMilk