Engine and or Suspension problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcp21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2013 Escalde AWD with 100,000 miles that has recently had the following issues. I have taken it to a mechanic who hears the sounds but can't pin point the problem. Before I take it to the dealership just want some advice

1. Sound from left front wheel...sounds like a dead spot in tire (its not I have had new tires/balanced/rotated etc) it is loudest at 45mph and at 70mph
2. Steering wheel shakes (again like a tire out of balance, but I don't think its tires)
3. vibration/shake at idle the Tach doesn't move but you can feel the car shudder
4. The transition from V4 to V8 and v8 to v4 to very noticeable. I can watch the PRM move and feel the engine change
5. The car feels very underpowered in v4 (maybe just in my mind but doesn't feel right)

Any suggestion would be appreciated...I also just had shocks, struts, end link, roll bars, all fluids, new plugs, new wires, and new brakes done, and none made any difference.

07_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
1. I have no idea what that could be. I had similar symptoms but it was a my wheel being under torqued and it was wobbling at speed.
2. If the steering wheel is shaking while driving it could possibly be a u joint problem. My Tahoe did the same until it was tightened and regreased.
3. Your throttle body can possibly be dirty at that many miles and causing a rough idle.
4 and 5. My truck did the same until I installed a range afm delete chip. The chip will keep it locked in v8 mode at all times. The truck feels a lot more powerful and seems to be running better once installed so that may fix that problem.

Hope this helps!

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
I’d say have your motor mounts checked. Worn or broken mounts will give you the symptoms you described. Espically at idle and changes between 8 and 4 mode.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I’d say have your motor mounts checked. Worn or broken mounts will give you the symptoms you described. Espically at idle and changes between 8 and 4 mode.

Took the words right outta my mouth.

Also for symptom 1. and 2. Check/replace tie rod ends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094