Eibach Rear Springs on CLEARANCE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can still get them on clearance, it’s worth it. a good difference (not huge change) on the ride. It did lower about a 1/4” - 1/2” vs. the PPV springs, but see the photo below of the difference in size, knowing the spring on the right is actually a hair lower. I replaced the front and rear struts/shocks 1st with Belltech Street Performance (better than PPV Monroe’s) then learned about these lowering springs. Wanted the Eibach front springs but very hard to find.

Need to fix the front springs some how. Still too stiff, knowing some have said the PPV has the same springs as the Civilian. Either that or the sway bars need to be changed.
6E9CA043-115D-4319-BFBD-CF869E29AB28.jpeg

GCATX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Very cool. I still have mine sitting here by the desk. I have new shocks, Monroes for a stock tahoe, I believe. I hope they soften things up some. At the end of the day, it won't matter too much, my kid will be driving it.

Did you use spring compressors? I assume you have to disco the shocks, brake line bracket(s) and panhard bar. Anything else? I already disco'd the sway bar, hoping for some ride improvement, it was the same. lol.
Just basing this on previous springs I've done, non on a Tahoe though.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I still have mine sitting here by the desk. I have new shocks, Monroes for a stock tahoe, I believe. I hope they soften things up some. At the end of the day, it won't matter too much, my kid will be driving it.

Did you use spring compressors? I assume you have to disco the shocks, brake line bracket(s) and panhard bar. Anything else? I already disco'd the sway bar, hoping for some ride improvement, it was the same. lol.
Just basing this on previous springs I've done, non on a Tahoe though.

I’m way behind on answering follow-up questions... sorry. Yes, you need spring compressors to remove the front Struts and springs (not needed for rears)...Can rent for free from AutoZone.

To remove Front strut and spring, you need to remove the 3 nuts at the top of the strut mount (from engine bay) and 1 large bolt from the bottom Of strut. You also need to disconnect the sway bar end-links to remove the struts/springs (this is for the fronts only).

I still need to change out my front springs as they are way too stiff. The rear Eibach springs are awesome and helped. Still have massive rattles in my suspension. The Belltech shocks aren’t that great. I heard the Billsteins are the way to go.

DrHoho99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this Eibach PPV spring post is old as dirt....but does anyone have the Eibach part number for these springs or have a set for sale? Thanks