EDIT: Helped me decide - went with Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

s4cruiser

Reaction score
Congrats, hopefully it goes fast. I do find it annoying that the Tech package makes you take RSE...I would be annoyed about that too if I were ordering now. No kids at home, no grandkids even in the remote near future; so no need for RSE (and it isn't that great of a system anyway).

What color did you get?

i went with frosted pine metallic

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Placed an order today for a Denali 4x4 6.2l trim with max tow, air ride and some other random options (2nd row bench, GMC puddle lights, etc.). I am 4th in line at my dealer and the inventory manager (person who does their ordering) let me know they have been getting on avg 1 Denali allocation each month. None of my options are currently on restraint.

Now I get to hurry up and wait.

@WalleyeMikeIII - I tried to order the Premium Capability Package but it requires the Advance Tech package along with the RSE option which i do not want...so I'll have to be content with a mechanical limited slip and no active response 4wd. No real issues as this will see pavement only.
The RSE is also required for the Denali Reserve Package and adds another $1,995 to the price. I don't understand why they don't raise the package price and include it, or allow it to be deleted as it looks like it's an add on as it is priced separately. We didn't want it on ours either. It was on the last one we had, we never used it.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't regret choosing my AT4 one bit. At the time of my purchase, I didn't have many choices because of supply chain issues and dealer markup, but I also had a list of "must have" items that couldn't live without. Not only that, but AT4's are a little rarer than Z71, so that would help with the resale.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@todayusay great perspective, thanks for sharing. Yes, we prefer the second row bench over the buckets - only one child (no more), grandparents and dog so we liked having the extra room in the back with the 3rd row folded down and the 2nd row bench keeps the dog in her space.

@steiny93 i keep coming back to the ventilated seats. My 2006 Duramax has been relegated to daily driving on and off since I bought it in 2008 and summer heat = sweat. Also, I considered the diesel but want the get up and go of the 6.2L.
If the GMC didn't have the diesel it would have been really hard not to go with the Grand Wagoneer L and the 510hp option.

Saltydog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck on that Mopar stuff…
I can attest that Mopar is just unreliable/reliable as any GM product I have owned. Will say the GM seems to have a better service reputation(from my experiences) but that is subjective to your local area.

I would own Mopar, GM or Ford without much hesitation provided the vehicle fits my needs.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not had the same experience w/ Mopar, but the dealer here is crap...so that may have contributed to my experience.

Ive run mopar for eons. Still do. Never even had to take mine to the dealer.

Truth is they all have issues. They are all overpriced. And they will all have ****** service centers scattered around the country. IMO just flip a coin and roll with it.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like the new stuff all ends up suffering from terrible quality. In great part, thanks to the unobtainable EPA regulations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal