Dual battery disconnect affect on DIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
Not sure if this question has been ask before, but I am getting ready to do some install/swaps that require disconnecting the 2 batteries.
If I disconnect the main and the auxiliary battery for an extended period of time, will the values such as the trip odometer, gallons used, or Ave MPG all reset to zero? I know the main odometer won’t reset, but I was just wondering if there is some kind of internal battery that keeps everything stored so that those readings, besides the odometer, won’t reset to zero.

Thanks!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this question has been ask before, but I am getting ready to do some install/swaps that require disconnecting the 2 batteries.
If I disconnect the main and the auxiliary battery for an extended period of time, will the values such as the trip odometer, gallons used, or Ave MPG all reset to zero? I know the main odometer won’t reset, but I was just wondering if there is some kind of internal battery that keeps everything stored so that those readings, besides the odometer, won’t reset to zero.

Thanks!

If disconnected properly, without shorting a cable, everything should be fine and stay in memory. When my daughter ran down the battery once, the hour meter reset, everything else stayed put.

OP
OP
jatPPV2012

jatPPV2012

Reaction score
If disconnected properly, without shorting a cable, everything should be fine and stay in memory. When my daughter ran down the battery once, the hour meter reset, everything else stayed put.

Ok great! Thanks!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2