Driver's Seat Sliding back and forth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
I have a 01 NBS Tahoe with 6-way power seats. The driver's seat base has recently begun to slide ever so slightly forwards and backwards without the motor. The upper rail with the seat, is sliding along the lower stationary rail which is bolted to the floorboards of the truck, all on its own about an 1/4 of an inch. It's especially annoying when I come to a stop, and pull away from stops. Any ideas if there's an adjustment that I can make to correct this? The seat's lumbar adjustments also do not work any longer, but the motor just runs.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a kit you can buy off of ebay that has shims to put in the seat gear that fixes it, you have to pull the seat and take the gear apart and put the shim in and put it back together, cheap part but some labor involved I have 3 or 4 of those kits hiding somewhere I bought them and never put them in because I am tall usually keept the seat adjusted all the way back and then it doesn't move anyway.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What Wes said or gear stripped. Open up that seat to see why the motor runs but has no lumbar adjustment. More detail likely coming from other members.

OP
OP
lowpost99

lowpost99

Lowpost99
Reaction score
Are these shims for the lumbar issue or the sliding seat rail issue? If I move the seat all the way back, it still slides fwd.

V30Crewcab

Reaction score
lumbar not working is probably a broke cable. had to replace that in mine. was not fun to get to.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some good YouTube vids on that issue. Seat is fun to get out the first time don't mess with the airbag sensors under the carpet.

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The seat's not all that difficult to remove. I'd probably disconnect the battery before pulling the airbag connectors. And don't let the external Torx mounting nuts scare you, you can use an appropriate deep metric or SAE socket that fits tightly. I think I used a 6-point socket when I pulled mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3