Driver's door not shutting tight enough?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxxarcade

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2011 Tahoe has been leaking water around the driver's door and flooding the cable trough under the sill plate.

I replaced both rubber weather strips and made sure the door drains were clear, but the problem persisted.

Today I found frozen water droplets on the face of the inner weatherstrip, and the inside surface of the door where the seal should normally press against.

Are there any adjustments or parts I can change to make it shut a bit tighter? The gap is along the top of the door, at the front half. I'm not sure if the door itself is bent, or if there is hinge damage, but I'd really like to fix it before the floor gets any more rusted out.

wetdawg

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2011 Tahoe has been leaking water around the driver's door and flooding the cable trough under the sill plate.

I replaced both rubber weather strips and made sure the door drains were clear, but the problem persisted.

Today I found frozen water droplets on the face of the inner weatherstrip, and the inside surface of the door where the seal should normally press against.

Are there any adjustments or parts I can change to make it shut a bit tighter? The gap is along the top of the door, at the front half. I'm not sure if the door itself is bent, or if there is hinge damage, but I'd really like to fix it before the floor gets any more rusted out.
I hear more wind than I used to. Did you pursue the hinge replacement?

LRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when I had my '09, i heard more wind noise that I thought was normal. I looked over everything, checked gaps, everything looked good, no water leaks. Still heard the noise. Went to the GM dealer body shop and had a few guys look at it, even their most seasoned guy. They drove it and concurred with the wind noise, and after staring at it for a bit, they noticed the inner door seal was installed backwards. Flipped the seal around and it made a bid difference. Check your seals and make sure they are installed properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davekalk