Driver seat will not go up and down 2010 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackbox19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It works fine vback and forth. But up and down it just makes a electrical motor noise like it wants to do it but maybe teeth are stripped or something like that.

What can I do to raise the seat up manually?
I am only one driving so dont care about once its moved ever going back down. Right now its all the way down I think.

OP
OP
B

blackbox19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found my own answer.
If you look underneat the front and back of the seat you will see 4 screw gears. 2 are for front and back movement. The other 2 are for the up and down.
Here is pain in ass part. there is no slot to spin the screw gears. And the washer around the end is not welded to the gear. AND you have to more the front gear the same amount as the back one or else the title of the front will be higher than the back.
I took the seat out as its easier to get at the bottom that way.
Then cut a slot in the end of each screw gear. Red circle is the up and down screw. If you look off to the left upper you will see the front and back screw.
197263-a8126257a40cbc7b11f122b2a20b4c01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts