drive train vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrescue1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe. Motor was swapped out prior to me purchasing. 198,000 on vehicle, 150,000 on motor. Problem is: when it shifts into overdrive, I get a vibration or more of a chatter. The chatter/vibration is not continuous, but comes and goes . . . as in, soon as it quiets down it begins again. Another words, driving about 40 to 60mph, the sound surges like a car with a stout cam. It starts to shake the whole car when pulling a hill at that speed range. At 70mph, the shatter/vib seems to be less noticeable. I can pull shift lever to 3 and it smooths out quite a bit, but under a load though, it also is noticeable. Replaced torque converter (twice). I started to ask friends and call dealers and was getting now where. Just blew it off since it was not causing me major problems and never drive it out of town. It appears to be getting worse. It shifts normal and drives fine. The chatter/vibration is driving me a little nuts. It is time to find out what is causing this problem. A golf buddy owns local AAMCO and he said I need a tune up (motor). Before I began to run in circles, can anyone throw a suggestion my way?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62