Downshifting while passing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's my video. 2nd confirmation of yours having an issue. Looks like it's time to woodshed the service department.

https://vimeo.com/135611109

Just listened to it with sound. The squeal isn't forced induction, it's my 5 year-old gear-head son being super excited.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

eazy88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you guys so much. Now I have some more ammo for the service department. I'll keep you updated on the outcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You sure you got a truck with an 8-speed?

OP
OP
E

eazy88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
100% sure. Have to use the manual mode to get power to pass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
E

eazy88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok. Finally got it sorted out. I had a service tech take it for a drive, he came back and said it was fine. Nothing wrong. I took it, same issues happening. I went back and took the manager for a ride. He asked if he could try, so he gets in, redlines no problem at all. I get back in, wont down shift for me. I feel like I am taking crazy pills... but we did figure it out. I am over 6 feet tall and both the manager and the tech aren't. I guess when you have the pedals as far back as I do, it wont quite make full throttle (in mine anyhow). So i move the pedals out an inch, and bam, drops 5 gears and red-lines. I am glad the transmission and the engine are fine. Still the issue of why i only get 2/3 throttle travel in my preferred driving position, but that's another issue for another time. Thanks everyone again for your input.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Definitely a design flaw with the adjustable pedals but I'm glad you got it figured out.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok. Finally got it sorted out. I had a service tech take it for a drive, he came back and said it was fine. Nothing wrong. I took it, same issues happening. I went back and took the manager for a ride. He asked if he could try, so he gets in, redlines no problem at all. I get back in, wont down shift for me. I feel like I am taking crazy pills... but we did figure it out. I am over 6 feet tall and both the manager and the tech aren't. I guess when you have the pedals as far back as I do, it wont quite make full throttle (in mine anyhow). So i move the pedals out an inch, and bam, drops 5 gears and red-lines. I am glad the transmission and the engine are fine. Still the issue of why i only get 2/3 throttle travel in my preferred driving position, but that's another issue for another time. Thanks everyone again for your input.

That really sucks that you dropped all that cash on a Denali and GM did something as stupid as this.

Interesting. Definitely a design flaw with the adjustable pedals but I'm glad you got it figured out.

This. I can't believe something as simple as adjustable pedals got screwed up by GM. I'm gonna go out and adjust my pedals all the way down as far as they'll go and see what happens. Mine is a '15 Tahoe 6 speed (rental vehicle while my truck is being repaired).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reveita42

Latest posts