Double DIN install - easy way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Ouch that sucks. I'm glad I live in a hidden area. Also a light sleeper but lucky for us the trash next door is smart enough not to mess with us because he knows we will only call it in for a coroner

dperez11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks good man. I did the same thing in my '95 and it fit as snug as a bug.

g7.jpg

g8.jpg

Until someone stole it...

g9.jpg

Do you have any more pictures of the double din. Also what gauges are those.
Last one, what are those seats out of.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
double din installs have been gone over to death here lol everything from an install like mine to this one here, to the detailss kits. Personally I like mine because it looks almost factory with no filler paint etc, but to each their own. the gauge faces look like these here http://www.usspeedo.com/gauge-face-kits/aqua-edition-gauges/

Not sure what yours looks like but the detailss one is pretty clean. Just pricey if you use their parts. Got pics of yours? I'd be interested in seeing it.

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
hu9upavy.jpg

this was before I reinstalled the HVAC controls, but the radio itself is done I linked a write up I did a while back on another forum

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My eyes could be playing tricks on me but that looks like a 1 1/2 din not a double din. Either way, looks good :waytogo:

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Thats a sony xav 601bt, by cutting up.into the dash instead of down I got to keep the factory look, the upper lip of the dash covers the top of the unit a bit but I can still put in disks so Im cool with it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

chaingun427

OBS Mad Scientist
Reaction score
The xav601 comes with a very thin filler plate the plastic is about as thick as the box that a 12 pack of soda comes in, I had to trim it a bit to fit around the snaps for the dash. I'm not sure if that was a standard piece of equipment for this reliever but there only thing I have found similar was a 2 inch wide ring of untextured plastic by scorpion adaptors I believe, I didn't end up using it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LadnerAutomotive