Door panels from 03+ fit in 2001?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woodson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys - Been taking advantage of this site for a while but cant find an answer to this question.

Can I put 03+ door panels into my 2001 tahoe? I imagine they will fit, but are there any issues with the wiring? If so, are there work arounds?

Thanks in advance

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wiring wont work. 03+ is on a data system and 01 is still power by wire...

The panel itself should physically fit though. Not sure if you can remove the switch panel and swap though. I believe the whole panel is different.

OP
OP
W

woodson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. so i guess that is a big question in itself.

are the switch panels interchangeable fit-wise. has anyone used an 03+ door panel but kept the 02 switch panel/center portion of door with the controls?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply. so i guess that is a big question in itself.

are the switch panels interchangeable fit-wise. has anyone used an 03+ door panel but kept the 02 switch panel/center portion of door with the controls?

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19991

Im going to guess no, according to that thread there are differences in how the switches attach to the door panel. I had a 00 and now a 04 and there are more screws that hold the 03+ panels on. And the switches dont pop out any more, there is a screw that holds it in. You might be able to make it work.

Any particular reason your wanting a 03+ door panel?

OP
OP
W

woodson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I want to get more desirable colors on the interior. I have the tan/off white which i hate!

I might just have to bite the bullet and buy a panel to test with, to satisfy my curiosity.

OP
OP
W

woodson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think that's the route im gonna do. Any personal experience with it? Wondering if done right if you can tell its painted?

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I built my custom center console I used it to paint a dark grey lower dash panel to the light tan. Turned out great except I used the wrong color. There is just a faint difference between light nuetral and the shale sem paint. I used shale when I should have used light nuetral. But it went on great and held up great. Pretty happy with it. Also had a nice finish.

OP
OP
W

woodson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I think i will go thru with it. Can't wait to get rid of the nasty old brown/off white colors. Yuckk!

southboundchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cant comment on colors or the shade of such colors being acceptable for what your doing but i changed the color on some seats in a pontoon boat just a few months ago using a duplicolor vinyl/fabric paint i picked ip at the local auto parts store and was quiet impressed with the final results it looks factory and didn't look like something that had been re-dyed

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oscarrgv