Don't plan on pairing phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hands free calling, phone-related voice commands, and the ability to play music stored on your phone or various streaming services. Besides that, the infotainment system itself should function just fine without a phone paired to it.

Just keep in mind there’s no CD player option available so to play any media without a phone you’d have to place it on a USB flash drive and connect it up to one of the USB ports. Otherwise you’re limited to traditional AM/FM radio and SiriusXM Satellite radio.

Micahsd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get factory navigation, that should function fine without a phone on a 2021 model.

Although I’m not sure on a 2022 model what’s required for navigation with it using Google Maps. I’d gusss an active subscription to the hotspot service from OnStar or a subscription to OnStar???

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Factory nav in our '21 no longer works after I declined to subscribe to onstar. We have the unlimited data plan with in car wifi hotspot but that apparently has no connection with the nav. With your phone linked you can easily stream maps from your phone to the screen/speakers using carplay but that won't be an option without your phone linked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues