Does Rancho 4" lift fit in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Rancho 4" which would be equivalent to about a 5" lift. Want to know if it's going to fit in my standard size garage. Thanks guys/gals

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the height of your garage door and how much room is there between the truck roof and the garage door? Compare that room with the lift and increased tire height.

With just my level kit and 285/65s it is very close (~4 inches of room now), but I would not be able to open the rear while in the garage (with a lift kit installed).

Bam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You already heard my story....Mine doesn't fit in the garage with the Rancho lift. 6' 10" garage door opening. :(

Canuckian

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what's the standard height of a garage door? 7 feet? when we built the house and they asked about the garage doors, I replied 8 feet tall x 9 feet wide without even thinking. It just made sense to me from a building perspective seeing as most everything seems to be measured in 4 foot increments. That and most fullsize vehicles are 8 feet wide with mirrors and I like a little wiggle room. In mine I can park an f-250 with 4.5 inches of lift and 36 inch tires with room to spare.

so, I'd say if you have 7 foot tall doors, it'll be close enough to make your ******** pucker a little. If you have 8 foot doors, you're golden.

OP
OP
Seel

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
7' is standard

Someone with 7' please respond. Thanks!

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
Seel,

Yes it'll fit.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

oh yeah btw my garage door is 7 feet and I have a couple of inches from the Xm antennea

OP
OP
Seel

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
seel,

yes it'll fit.

---------- post added at 05:24 pm ---------- previous post was at 05:22 pm ----------

oh yeah btw my garage door is 7 feet and i have a couple of inches from the xm antennea

thank you very much!

fco_gonzo

Tahoe BS Detector
Reaction score
:mexsmoke: For the nonbelievers!!! I just took those pic's about 10 mintues ago. :mexsmoke:

Attachments

• garage1.jpg
    garage1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 101
  • garage2.jpg
    garage2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 81
OP
OP
Seel

Seel

Hook'Em
Reaction score
Decided to go with BDS. Goes on in little over a week. Will post pics as soon as I can...now the search for a meaty tire!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPKennny