Does anyone regret getting a tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope you will be fine 100 k today is not that high of miles. It's not the 80s anymore. 100k is common these days 200 is getting broken in. 300 is getting up there. But to be honest tune is not gonna damage your motor. The way you maintain your oil and service your motor will effect the life

No tune on my Escalade but I did have a tune on the Trailblazer I owned. No regrets there, it was well worth the money.

I've contemplated getting a tune on my Escalade but I wonder how much they're really worth. On the Trailblazer I had the I6 had VVT so the tune was very effective. On a conventional engine there doesn't seem to be much they can play with.

Also, I chose the towing tune on the Trailblazer for the low end torque and was very happy. I lost a little top end but in reality, how often are you in the upper RPM range? Most of my driving was around town traffic where the low RPM torque was very nice to have.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Dosent matter when you get the tune......Its a brand new truck from that point, on

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a tune from a local person that does a ton of GM vehicles local. It is a totally different truck. Would highly recommend a tune. More positive feel in throttle, more positive shift, so far in town 1.4 mpg increase on my truck. Going on a trip tomorrow will report back with freeway mpg. Ever seen a stock 4x4 5.3 Yukon XL roast a tire? I tried before would not do it, but does it now. I don't recommend doing that though it's ******* a lot of parts especially our weak trannys. I only did it since my tranny is pretty fresh. It proves an increase in torque.

Last edited:

Jer-Z-Devil

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got a new to me 05 denali and Im wondering what is done on a tune. 115k miles. looking for better fuel econ. Any ideas on when to replace and what type of spark plugs?

Grimes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black Bear Performance is the sponsor here, and certsinly has a good rep among members. Check their website out for some general info on what their tune does, and any other commercial tune will have similar focuses. Fuel to air management, tranny shifting were the big ones for me, which BBP offer. Personally I used a local shop.

To add to earlier posts, my truck received the tune at 206k and only saw improvement. Hopefully thst doesnt change!

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Blackbear "In-person" tune on my Suburban back in Feb 2010. It REALLY woke up the 5.3 in my Suburban. I could actually roast the tires after that. But the bad thing is that I started driving it too hard after that, lol. I blew up my transmission last year, and it was possibly because I have been driving it like I stole it ever since I got the tune. Was the tune responsible for my transmission failure? No. Was it because I drove it too hard? Possibly, but I can't say for sure. Regardless, its rebuilt now with kevlar clutch bands and a hardened sun shell, so hopefully it will not fail on me again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar