Do the 2018 models have the booming/buffeting/vibration issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chartersj

Reaction score
I have noticed some ear pressure in our 2017 Yukon over our 2011 we had. If we put a rear window down you really notice the buffeting then, more then the 2011. I have noticed when you shut any door you can see the roof move up and down. Wondering if we have separation from the roof and roof bows.

Rumblur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2018 Tahoe: After reading all the buffeting complaints, I am now extra alert to them, and yes there is a tiny bit. I have the factory roof rack, so maybe that knocked it down. Only present at certain speeds, certain roads, and if I wasn't listening for it, would probably not even write this. Open the rear windows and the buffeting is killer.

Amanda4461

Reaction score
My 2010 Tahoe LTZ with factory roof racks always sounded like a windstorm was impacting the rear roof of the truck around 70mph. If I moved the roof rails around, I eventually found a good combination of rail locations and didn't hear the noise. 2018 Denali has rails but no crossbars and is quiet.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
40,000 miles on my 2016 Tahoe LTZ, no trace of buffeting. I installed roof rack cargo rails when new...dont know if that had affect or not, but have never, ever, noticed buffeting; not even once. No trace whatsoever.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Never?

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 burb has a vibration above 72mph. Told the dealer, they said they can't bother with it about 65. Hah okkkk

The burb also vibrates when accelerating aggressively after it shifts into second gear. It feels like it's coming from the rear end.

My 2017 was fine. This 2018 is a bucket of shit.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve developed a buzzing noise in the drivers door after 10K+ miles. I’ll take it to the dealer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you know if you roll down just a back window or back windows your going to get buffeting on virtually any car/truck, doing something like that is purposely making it happen, the fix for that is to just crack a front window on the adjacent side or both front windows. I think were trying to determine if this happens with all the windows closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe