Do I keep the Tahoe or trade it?

Keep the 2011 or trade for a 2013

• Keep the 2011 and ride it out with your payments

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Trade it in for the tahoe w/o Nav/DVD & add aftermarket ($10/mo lower payment)

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Special order a new one (much higher payment)

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50264

So I finally got the Tahoe back after 16 days. They changed nearly everything and ended up swapping the muffler last. That removed about 90% of the grinding noise.

My wife is concerned about driving the vehicle now and hauling the family around. What if something major goes wrong with everyone in the vehicle, is her big "what if."

19 months, over 20 days of downtime for oil leaks, transfer case leak, and a grinding noise.

I found one of the very few Z71 4x4's setup like so:
LT
2nd row bench
White or Silver
Ebony leather
Luxury Package
Towing package

My current 11 with 16k has the following. I financed 42k using the equity that I had in my 08 as a downpayment.
2nd row bench
Rear DVD
Navigation
Sunroof
towing package w/ integrated trailer brake controller
luxury package
Z71
4x4
Rear camera
Ebony leather.

Just a few numbers being thrown around out there....

One of the Tahoes that I found have: towing, luxury, Z71 -- $40,200 OTD final paperwork to sign. It does not have Navigation, sunroof, rear DVD. The payment is slightly lower.

I can get the nav/DVD/rear camera installed with top of the line stuff for $2800. Total of $43k.

I can order one with all the factory stuff (nav, sunroof, rear camera) for 45k OTD. with higher payments.

So now the big question is risk it and keep the one that I have without filing a lemon law or trading it off -- versus trading it for one with less options, same payment and add the aftermarket stuff.

My wife is quite concerned that adding the aftermarket nav/DVD will give GM an out should ANY electrical problems come up...........

So keep it?
Trade it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I updated the other thread.

We took that hunk of shit 2011 on a 400 mile round trip this weekend.
1. Grinding noise is back.
2. Poor fuel mileage
3. Transmission is now leaking.

The trade is looking better and better..........I may be looking into that this week....ugh
:gunner::gunner:

alc5m

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a 2011 and they dont warranty all of that stuff?

chevyboy23

JUST QUE DOGGING!!!!
Reaction score
Didn't see this....did you jaunt buy this truck?

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Wow..read the back story. If you can afford it....I would get one with brand new. Fresh warranty and all.

OP
OP
M

Mighty Hd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a 2011 and they dont warranty all of that stuff?

Yes.
If major problems are happening now at 16k..what' the hell is coming when my warranty is out?

Honestly, I can't continue to have the downtime. I started a new job and have to be on time while I'm on a 1yr probation, hauling kids around and worrying about breaking down. Then having down time and no loaners/rentals available is a real pisser.

I'm just a bit undecided on the Silver Ice Metallic color versus the white.........

doylee4693

Tahoe User
Reaction score
Thats enough if I were you to make me switch brands.Hell if my 01 was doing that stuff I would have ditched it,and the brand already.With that being said I would get an extended warranty on youre next ** to avoid loosing sleep XD

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Imo j would *** an older tahoe dont see too many problems on the nbs nor obs and are cheaper to fix... Sucks that such a new tahoe is acting like a lemmon but **** it dude try something else

Matt06Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is shit like this common on nnbs? Please tell me no. All my GMs are reliable as hell.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shouldn't be seeing any of those issues with your 2011. sometimes a turd does slip through QC. GM should have your back on this. I would also talk with your lender, they might be able to steer you in the right direction. I know in the end everyone is looking out for themselves but you should start the ball rolling now before you get to many more miles on it.
I have 2001 Denali that I bought in 08 with only 55k on it and it has been relativity trouble free except for the reg maint and the front diff at 120k. I say do what is best for your pocket book and family, even if it means getting a nicer low mileage Tahoe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
autom8ted