DL8 to DL3 Experts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have installed DL3 mirrors, I can't get them to function properly. Even after the dealership programed them, the power fold doesn't work correctly (only driver's side worked) and the puddle lights stay on all the time. The power folding switch is Bosch Model# F 00H J00 316 (GM Part# 15906881)

I took it to two separate dealerships with the same results. Now that I have re-installed the factory switch, the dealership wants to try programming them again. They said that they can function by not selecting either mirror on the power adjust switch and holding down the "down" arrow.

Any thoughts or should I just cut my losses and sell all the DL3 stuff at this point?

IMAG0226.jpgIMAG0225.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kolt-46

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They programmed it today with both of them connected (power fold switch and original passenger window switch). I'm not sure if that would take care of the switch programming.

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you need a different passenger window switch. Different part number for dl3 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
I think you need a different passenger window switch. Different part number for dl3 I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's the same switch...i did the swap a few months ago with no problems, just bought mirrors and drivers side switch, then had it programmed.

Are you sure the motor is good in the passenger mirror?
I don't know about the puddle lights though, that is weird...Can you turn those off using the DIC?

OP
OP
Kolt-46

Kolt-46

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the mirrors from another member here who said that everything worked. I have never seen them work so I have to take his word for it.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
I'm not sure if the plugs are the same and I know it would be a pain, but you can test out the motor and the switch by swapping both mirrors, given the plugs are the same. So if the drivers mirror works on the passenger side and the passenger mirror doesn't work on the drivers side its the mirror. If the passenger mirror works on the drivers side and the drivers mirror doesn't work on the passenger side then its the passenger switch that needs programmed.

All of that is based on if the plugs are exactly the same on both sides.

I hope that makes since, sounds confusing...simplified answer: swap mirrors and note results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigburb3500