Disable WiFi 2022 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loona1420

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Tahoe and have already tried to disable the WiFi network by disabling OnStar completely so the light is off, and I have tried pulling fuses and have not had any luck. I am now suspecting that the Android Automotive infotainment system is the culprit as it is constantly broadcasting a WiFi network of its own. This was not happening in the 2021s with the Chevy infotainment 3 OS as I could just switch off WiFi in the infotainment system.

My plan is to physically disconnect the WiFi radio from behind the glove box.

But this seems like it would be very complicated so does anyone else have suggestions?

my reason for wanting to disconnect the WiFi hotspot is I use my vehicle for work; I’m an FCC tech and my job is to measure the RF outputs of cell towers, and the car interferes with my readings.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the WiFi is there to enable wireless car play/android auto. So the hotspot isn't enabled generating a network, but the system still tries to connect w/ a phone. Unclear how this might be disabled. My guess is the wifi access point is integrated into the infotainment system, so it will take firmware to disable it, unless you pull the fuse for the whole infotainment syste, but then who knows what else won't work. Suggest you call your dealer...they may have a way. What I cannot remember off the top of my head is whether or not wireless car play/android auto has a switch in the settings. Will look later.