DIN In OBS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RED TAHOE LS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, anyone installed touch screen with success ? Thinking about Bluetooth option as well as eliminating the GPS.
Thinking about upgrading from OEM which is an awesome factory unit.

David g...……..:)

fastpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be installing a double DIN in my newly acquired '95 Yukon. I'll be using the detailss modified instrument panel bezel, and installing an AVIC-8200NEX unit with the Pioneer sat radio module. It is touch screen with NAV, HD radio and so forth, with a SXV300v1 Sirius/XM receiver, $35.00 more.

I have already installed the same set up in my '04 F-350, not difficult, just the tedious crimping the radio wiring harness to the vehicle wiring harness. With the modified bezel it may actually be easier than my previous install. The F-350 had an "almost double DIN" opening on which I had to use my Dremel tool. I did that out on our deck, to avoid the black shavings flying around inside the house. My wife does not like it when her feet have black plastic shaving stuck to them, neither do I for that matter.

As an aside: I crewed an UH-60 into Andrews some time in the 1980s, to pick up the NC Adjutant General. The dual 747 hangar is impressive, to say the least, as is the M16 equipped guard on the "line of death". I'm retired now, a captain over 30 .

Last edited: