Dilemma for swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am back to Tahoeville….(2023 Premier)

Mine was a custom ordered back out from my selling dealer and great for no ”Market Adjustment” there is one quirk.

A fair amount of Tahoes at least North Texas selection are ordered with the ”Texas Edition” Which adds 22” Polished Aluminum Wheels riding on BridgeStone Dueler Alenza‘s.

This order was a back out and ordering customer declined the ”TX edition” package. That makes the 20” Polished Aluminum Multi Spoke rims with Continental Tires. Cross fit I bel but not sure of actual model line.

I have a pair of the 22 Z71 Multi Spoke with Grey pocket accents and machined faces. They are definitely not my first choice for design but they worked.

With the 23 Premier the question to others is this……

Should I step up to the 22‘S as part of the TX edition”…..Gloss Black of course to help tone down the brightwork trim and accents on a Darker exterior color?

Option 2…Keep the 20’s size but step up to a different color. The 20” Multi spoke design is fine but want darker color. Basically find the 20” version of the existing design.

I know there will be strong points for both.

Immediate advantage for the 20’s is not having to store set of tires in the garage until either sold or reinstalled for trade in. Based on my previous history more likely the latter.

I already have a set of four MY 22 Z71 20’s tying up my garage bec previous Z71 was traded with the 22”installed and I am not giving the set away. I don’t mind a loss but don’t insult my intelligence. ($400 for all four mounted with rims and TPMS sensors installed.). eBay is showing over $1000 for tires or rims only.

This offer is not only not in the ballpark but not even at the same stadium.

The case for 22” would be purchase of not only rims but tires, and TPMS Sensors since I would want to have a new entire set of 22” ready to bolt on and be done. After the tires and rims the sensors would be the easy expense and probably worth the extra $$$ to have a new, clean, bolt on ready set.

E/S/T/Y/YXL OEM options are listing as in the $3000 range when ordered from factory. Last set of 22”s with rims, Tires and sensors came up around $2500 if I remember Correctly.

What say everone? I know that the Tahoe suspension is designed with a 22” option in mind even if specific VINS aren’t. I already did the MPH speed correction research so no problem there. Just looking for a tire to fill in the wheel shell without being too obtrusive and tacky.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t buy the 22” Alenza A/S 02, they are the worst tire…horrible in the wet, unusable on any snow (not too much of a problem in TX).

I’m running the stock 22’s in the summer and some Sierra Stock 20’s in the winter wrapped in Blizzaks (I’m in Minnesota). I notice no difference in the ride quality or handling on either set. The 20” Conti’s are a better tire than the Bridgestones.

OP
OP
C

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Decided to keep with the 20’s. Just finished ordering the Gloss Black 20” version of the existing OEM rims. I can just switch the existing tires and sensors to the new rims. Keeping rim’s around in the garage is easier than the entire built up tires. I will in all likelihood switch to Michelin Defenders at replacement time but won’t just change to Michelin’s for the sake of changing.

Picked up 23 Premier on the 9th. Left for road trip on the 12th. 3500 miles later Continentals worked fine in rain, dry occasional non accumulating snow/ice. Easy to work and no excessive road noise.

They worked as advertised. My theory of tires is like a lot of technology. If the product works as advertised….you never know it’s there.

Recap 20” Gloss Black wheels, swap existing Continentals to new rims….also as added touch the red center caps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157