Difference between 2nd row seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a tahoe with leather bench seats (swb) if anyone wants to swap for captains chairs. Gives you that minivan like access

OP
OP
BrandonW

BrandonW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the front 11-14, door cards it’s just a different switch pack. The switch with a pic of both the back & butt warmer and a pic of just the butt. You would also need the harness from the switch through the door jamb, to the dash and under the seat. I don’t know if running just one or two new wires along the harness is an option either.

Since you’ll be inside the doors, my thinking was to update (back date) to the 07-10 door cards because the only replacement for 11-14 cards is what’s leftover in warehouses. They’re no longer manufactured. When they do fail, there likely won’t be any decent used 07-14 door cards at all.

I sat in back of our Esky last month for a 3 hour trip. The captains chairs are not ergonomic. When reclined you need a pillow behind your back because there’s a huge gap. Now I know why the kids liked the bench seat and compared it to a couch.
Sorry for being ignorant and beating this to death. (If you have any HVAC questions I can help, lol) currently I have what is a flat single row plug with 5 wires going to it, plus the separate air bag plug. The replacements have a 30 terminal plug. Without doing door cards and worrying about anything else besides power adjusting them, what would be the easiest option? Whacking the plugs from the donor vehicle with enough wire to tie mine into? Then a resistor for the air bag, well lack thereof?

OP
OP
BrandonW

BrandonW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update. Put the seats in. Grabbed the body side of the plugs. Found a diagram, jumped the hots and ground. Seats power adjust. For now that's all I am interested in. Only last thing is finding the correct resistor for the seat air bag. I ohmed out the driver and it is 3.6ohms. anyone have input on this. Would it just be a 3.3ohm??

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Sounds like you referring to powering up rear captains chairs to power fold, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019