Diablew Tuning Started 2015 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the Diablo inTune i2 the other day and it's set to arrive tomorrow. Are the built-in 87/93 octane tunes worthwhile or is it best to just pay the extra $150 and get a custom tune created? My Tahoe is stock other than a K&N CAI that I also ordered and will be installing soon.

jl449

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure want to get a Diablosport for my Denali but it doesn't support 8sp. But the EFI Live V2 does. for $599 I can get email tune thru blackbear. Diablew tune will run me about 500 with custom tune. Wait 550 since I'm in Ca.
If I'm going to buy one of these units I would get the custom tune.

Yukon John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sure want to get a Diablosport for my Denali but it doesn't support 8sp. But the EFI Live V2 does. for $599 I can get email tune thru blackbear. Diablew tune will run me about 500 with custom tune. Wait 550 since I'm in Ca.
If I'm going to buy one of these units I would get the custom tune.

If it were mine, I would go with the Blackbear Tune that will tune the 8 speed. I would not wait on the others to play catch up. Honestly...even though it's not my gig...I don't know why one tuner purveyor can provide the tune now and the other can't do it for 6 months. I guess the people at Blackbear want the 8 speed business now and others just don't care that much.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
EFILive is the software that we use for tuning the 99+ vehicles, they were just able to crack the 8spds faster than the other tuning software programs. Actually, they were the first to crack the 6spd as well, took Diablo over 2 years to get those out (even though they seemed to string their customers along with the "any day now approach"). The forums were filled with some pissed off people over that one.

CMac16XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just purchased Diablo for ATS and will purchase upgrade to include Yukon. Excited to see the effects...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpellegrino