Denali XL Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Garret813

Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd start asking some questions. I just bought my wife an '08 Denali XL with the 6.2L engine. I'm interested in boosting the performance and mileage (if possible?!). I'm not looking for a quarter mile screamer, just some more pep around town and the freeway. I'm curious what mod's y'all have done and the results you've gotten. I also don't wanna spend a fortune on parts for a truck I'll only drive on long road trips. Feel free to offer suggestions on intakes, exhaust, and programmers. Let the debates begin.....

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd start asking some questions. I just bought my wife an '08 Denali XL with the 6.2L engine. I'm interested in boosting the performance and mileage (if possible?!). I'm not looking for a quarter mile screamer, just some more pep around town and the freeway. I'm curious what mod's y'all have done and the results you've gotten. I also don't wanna spend a fortune on parts for a truck I'll only drive on long road trips. Feel free to offer suggestions on intakes, exhaust, and programmers. Let the debates begin.....

Blackbear tune, long tube headers, cam, MBRP exhaust

BigRed76

SeniorGroupbuyMember
Reaction score
You really need a Blackbear Tune ...... headers, cam, exhaust, intake is also good but if you only have limited funds ..... just go with the Blackbear Tune. JUSTIN IS THE BEST!!!

OP
OP
G

Garret813

Reaction score
I appreciate the tips, but I think y'all missed my point. I don't want to get into a lot of heavy modifications. I'm thinking of just an intake, chip, and exhaust. Has anyone on here just done the SLP resenator delete option? Saw that online today and thought it might be a good option to pick up a little exhaust sound.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the tips, but I think y'all missed my point. I don't want to get into a lot of heavy modifications. I'm thinking of just an intake, chip, and exhaust. Has anyone on here just done the SLP resenator delete option? Saw that online today and thought it might be a good option to pick up a little exhaust sound.

You'll pick up a barely audible sound.

Like I said, MBRP exhaust, Blackbear tune, don't really need an intake IMO

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
contact [email protected] order yourself a custom tune. Do NOT get a "chip" or handheld tuner. Complete waste of money.

Simple exhaust, K&N Drop in filter is sufficient, and tune will wake that 6.2 liter up! You'll be very happy.

Justin (owner of Blackbear Performance) is obviously HIGHLY recommended by most, if not all, of us here. He's tuned my burban and my supercharged silverado (now sold) and I wouldn't trust anyone else, ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC

Latest posts