Denali w/Duramax payload

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could someone with a Denali with the baby Duramax post the payload from the door sticker. I’m interested in ordering one but I need to make sure it has adequate payload capacity.
Thanks

Holy Roller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Individual builds will always vary depending on optional equipment. But the Order Guide is based on the same build and it identifies the same payload for RWD Denali 6.2 and 3.0 Duramax: 1,671 lbs. For 4WD it states that 6.2 is 35 lbs more payload than 3.0 Duramax: 1,616 vs 1,581 lbs.

You can gain extra payload by eliminating factory content. For example, the 60/40 second row weighs 40 lbs more than the second row buckets. Thereby increasing payload by 40 lbs. Deleting a sunroof will also decrease vehicle weight and increase payload. While I don’t have the amount for 2021, sunroof added 24.4 lbs in the 2020 model year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DennisT

DennisT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Individual builds will always vary depending on optional equipment. But the Order Guide is based on the same build and it identifies the same payload for RWD Denali 6.2 and 3.0 Duramax: 1,671 lbs. For 4WD it states that 6.2 is 35 lbs more payload than 3.0 Duramax: 1,616 vs 1,581 lbs.

You can gain extra payload by eliminating factory content. For example, the 60/40 second row weighs 40 lbs more than the second row buckets. Thereby increasing payload by 40 lbs. Deleting a sunroof will also decrease vehicle weight and increase payload. While I don’t have that exact figure I’ve read that it runs between 1-200 lbs.
Thanks for the info. I need it to be over 1500 lbs. Is the order guide you quoted available online?

Jeremie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Note that the build order guide applies to a base model. The Denali's weigh more than the base model so the payload will almost certainly be lower.
Here's the order guide for the Denali XL:
And the one for the Denali:

Take the payload weights there, and substract at least 50 lbs. for a Denali, probably more depending on options you selected. So for example, a 4x4 XL length Denali would have a payload of no more than 1475, probably closer to 1400 lbs.

The biggest factors for these trucks and payload (specifically for the Duramax) are:
1. 2WD had more payload than 4WD (about 100 lbs)
2. Short wheel base has more payload than XL (about 100 lbs)
3. Options can reduce payload by up to 200 lbs for a fully decked out luxury cruiser.
4. The Chevy Suburban/Tahoe have about 50 lbs more payload than the Yukon/Yukon XL.

For reference, I have a base model LS Suburban 4x4 Duramax, payload is 1618 lbs, with bench seat middle and bench seat front row. That's slightly higher than the stated payload on the specs sheet since there are so few options. So their spec sheets do include some options.

Hope that helps.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I need it to be over 1500 lbs. Is the order guide you quoted available online?
Most of the ones I've seen (online) are just over 1400 pounds. Denalis are heavier because of all their options. I saw a diesel Tahoe High Country with a payload capacity of 1351 pounds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd