Denali vs Escalade life cycle cost

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JayceeP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An Escalade Premium is like what, almost $100k with taxes and fees. If you are in that kind of price point, I'm surprised you'd even care.

If you're concerned, just get one 1-2 years old and buy extra warranty if previous owner use worries you. You'll probably save $20k or more and have a lower cost of ownership. Unless you're a business owner, or wealthy enough to not care, I can't imagine spending that much on a new car and be willing to eat that much depreciation without the benefits of tax deductions.

I make good money, but it just doesn't make sense for me because I earn salary. Hence the reason why a 1-2 year old Yukon SLT (maybe Denali but unlikely) is on my radar.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on how you buy the hit isn't bad. I was offered around $5k less then what I paid for me truck being almost two years old and over 30k miles. I have seen used trucks sell for the same or more than in paid for mine new.

OP
OP
O

O2bwln

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, very informative and helps tremendously. I posted the same question on the escalade forum and received similar feedback.

A few posts on the escalade forum mentioned the dealership experience relating to maintenance/servicing/misc. visits; the experience at the cadillac dealership vs gmc dealerships was more concierge level, something that I didn't consider when having to spend the type of $$ for a loaded denali vs escalade, certanly not a game changer but something that i hadn't thought about earlier.

I'm awaiting the '18 model and will follow how the 10 spd transmission is received prior to purchasing. Thanks again for all the constructive feedback, much appreciated.

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, very informative and helps tremendously. I posted the same question on the escalade forum and received similar feedback.

A few posts on the escalade forum mentioned the dealership experience relating to maintenance/servicing/misc. visits; the experience at the cadillac dealership vs gmc dealerships was more concierge level, something that I didn't consider when having to spend the type of $$ for a loaded denali vs escalade, certanly not a game changer but something that i hadn't thought about earlier.

I'm awaiting the '18 model and will follow how the 10 spd transmission is received prior to purchasing. Thanks again for all the constructive feedback, much appreciated.
Where I live, the GMC and Cadillac dealer are the same. It's not a small dealer either and they also sell Buick. It's in Midland MI. I doubt you'll find a different level of service from a Cadillac dealer versus a GMC dealer? Now dealer to dealer regardless of brand yes there is huge differences. If it's a good dealership you'll get good service whether you buy a Buick or Cadillac. If it's a poor one, it doesn't matter if it's a Lexus or BMW - poor service will still be poor service so go with a vehicle that trips your trigger and the one that fits your lifestyle. I personally think Cadillacs are a little gaudy but that's just me, your mileage may vary and everyone's tastes are different so buy what's best for you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're choosing between 2 great vehicles, so it's hard to go wrong either way. I personally like the Denali's looks over the Escalade, but that's just me.

I've only bought an extended warranty once and that was on a 2 year old certified Honda Odyssey. It was a good thing I did, because the transmission failed twice before it hit 100K.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where I live, the GMC and Cadillac dealer are the same. It's not a small dealer either and they also sell Buick. It's in Midland MI. I doubt you'll find a different level of service from a Cadillac dealer versus a GMC dealer? Now dealer to dealer regardless of brand yes there is huge differences. If it's a good dealership you'll get good service whether you buy a Buick or Cadillac. If it's a poor one, it doesn't matter if it's a Lexus or BMW - poor service will still be poor service so go with a vehicle that trips your trigger and the one that fits your lifestyle. I personally think Cadillacs are a little gaudy but that's just me, your mileage may vary and everyone's tastes are different so buy what's best for you.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Dealer here has Chevy, GMC, Cadillac, Buick, Ram, Dodge, and Jeep. Same level of service for any of them as far as I know.

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer service varies... I bought my SLT at one dealer(South St. Louis area) and have had great service. The check-in person is out there when you pull up, getting you in the system fast, offering you coffee/water while you wait, etc,... They also wash your vehicle. It is about 40 miles from me so won't take it back to here unless I have to due to location.

I have been taking it to the local GMC dealer (Laura Buick). I pull in, a young guy is there waiting, gets mileage, takes me inside to the check-in person for work. They are extremely friendly. They will ****** you the to waiting room, show you were the drinks/food is located. Now, the wifi isn't the greatest in their waiting room and it is kind of small... But Laura Buick has no issue giving you a car(I have had a buick encore, terrain and Sierras) to drive for free if you need one to go do errands. The other place, wants you to either drop it off and then get a car from enterprise which is a huge hassle and time waster.

We bought my wife a 2 year old Acura TL in 2010 at St. Louis Acura. To this day, they treat us like royalty when we go there. Car is washed/vacuumed, They will offer a car if over an hour wait. She gets to dream about owning a new Acura when we take it in..

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the only thing that matters to me about the dealer is proximity to my home. I just walk around the lot while they do oil changes or grab a loaner if its going to be longer.

gdfein

Reaction score
We have both, 2016 Escalade ESV Platinum, and a 2016 Denali Yukon swb. We like them both. The Denali is mine and I drive 22k/yr for work and it's usually just me in the truck. The Escalade is more luxurious and smoother ride for sure. My homemaker wife drives the kids/dogs to/from school and it is our family ride on weekends.

In my opinion the 10yr cost to own, the Yukon will win by mile, as its $30k cheaper to start, and as any wear item or repair on Escalade is needed it will probably be 20% more expensive on the caddy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts