Denali Tail lights for Yukon SLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kevpierson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd like to have the denali tail lights on my Yukon SLT. Does anyone know if the stock Denali tail lights will work? If not, does anyone know of a vender that will provide something similar? Thanks!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Just get aftermarket LED tails, they work/look alot better.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
They will work, even on a Tahoe (as I had them on mine).

However, LED's look nicer. They do NOT work better, Modded. lmao. Well at least the Eagle Eye G3/G4 sets don't, they don't blink in sync when you press on the brakes with the turn signal on.

ASUalum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They will work, even on a Tahoe (as I had them on mine).

However, LED's look nicer. They do NOT work better, Modded. lmao. Well at least the Eagle Eye G3/G4 sets don't, they don't blink in sync when you press on the brakes with the turn signal on.

Forgive my ignorance (new to the forum), but synch with what?

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sync with the mirror LED's. They blink alternatively with the LED tails once you turn your turn signal on and press on the brakes.

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sync with the mirror LED's. They blink alternatively with the LED tails once you turn your turn signal on and press on the brakes.

I have Gen3 LED taillights on an 09 Suburban LTZ - no blinking problems. Bought from Custom Creations.

Attachments

• 03-CD07TLEDG3.jpg
    03-CD07TLEDG3.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 14

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Gen3 LED taillights on an 09 Suburban LTZ - no blinking problems. Bought from Custom Creations.

I am convinced that the people who have G3s (or G4s) who say that they don't have a blinking problem simply have no idea that they really DO have the blinking problem.

I say this because unless you purposely look into it, you'll never know that it's occurring.

That, and no one has been able to determine how to CORRECT the problem yet.

For the record, consider that the blinking of the tails and turn signals (in the dash and mirrors) look like this:

Turns:
blink.....blink.....blink.....blink.....
Tail lights:

When you press the brake while the turn signal is on, you get this:

Turns:
Tail lights:
blinkblink.....blink.....blink.....blink

Since your dash and mirror signals don't indicate a break in the pattern, you may never know your tails "skip a beat" when the brake is pressed. Try backing up to a wall/garage door at night, put the truck in Park, throw the signal on, and then press the brake. Check out the reflection of the tails, and you'll see the skip in the pattern.

If yours or anyone else's DON'T skip with the pressing of the brake, I'd be surprised -- and I'd like to know why they don't.

If you or anyone doesn't care, then you shouldn't be concerned. But, I'd bet the problem IS present.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Very true KMeloney, that post was excellent.

Also, I did notice a workaround. If you press on the brakes with the turn signal, and the problem happens, you can slowly let up on the brakes until you're barely braking and it will blink in sync while the truck is still completely stopped.

OP
OP
K

kevpierson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
awesome... great info. I really appreciate ya'lls input.

sophomore and excon 11 - thanks... i ordered the stock denali tails today. should be in tomorrow they said. pics to follow.

I found out that if you have a corporation, any kind, doesn't have to be car related, the dealership can extend to you the corp. discount prices. total cost was $2-hundo from the dealership with corp. discount. thanks again for your input!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rscimeca