Denali or AT4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Choice get a fully loaded AT4 or a basically equipped Denali? The price seems close; when you load out an AT4.

I would order it..anyone have any dealer recommendations in the Pacific Northwest?

thanks
Doesn’t the AT4 have the basic “tablet jammed into the dashboard” interior? If so, that’s reason alone to go denali. Much better look/integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

killjoy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just purchased a '21 AT4 and went through the same decision. Bottom line, a similarly equipped Denali will be about $10k more than an AT4 regardless of what discounts you qualify for. For my use, likes and value prop -- it's not worth the additional $10k when the only thing the Denali offers that I value is really the 6.2L or diesel option.

As much as I'd like the 6.2L, filling up on Premium just adds to the operational expense. And there's nothing the 5.3L can't do that I need. It's more a want than a need.

An AT4 with the Premium Plus package lists at $74k. The Denali with Ultimate Package at $84k. Good luck finding base AT4/Denali's w/ minimal content / packages on dealer lots currently. Initial production runs are usually highly contented. You can order, but plan on waiting 3 months.

Campingfamco

Reaction score
Denali. I had a 2016 SLT and my biggest regret was the 5.3. I was looking at getting the AT4, but the difference in power between the 5.3 to the 6.2 is extremely noticeable. Granted I live at higher elevation but the 6.2 is still worth it. You won’t regret the Denali but you’ll probably be missing the 6.2 in the AT4 after some time. I know I did.

Gibbynd

Reaction score
Doesn’t the AT4 have the basic “tablet jammed into the dashboard” interior? If so, that’s reason alone to go denali. Much better look/integration.

The tablet jammed in is actually higher and at a better viewpoint. Coming from a 2019 Ram sleek is not always better. My wife’s X7 is the same way. High up and easy to see.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tablet jammed in is actually higher and at a better viewpoint. Coming from a 2019 Ram sleek is not always better. My wife’s X7 is the same way. High up and easy to see.
It’s MAYBE 1.5” higher. Either way it looks terrible.

Dpm7471

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think it depends on what you want to do with the truck.

The Denali is more luxurious, appointed nicer, bigger engine,and in my opinion looks much better.

AT4 is more for off-road from what I have been told and read.

Just FYI, it is VERY hard right now to find a Denali, and very unlikely that if you do, to get any discount on a Denali.

On the other hand, AT4’s are sitting on dealer lots around me, and dealers are discounting them, because the market is not nearly as strong as it is on the Denali’s. This may equate to better resale in the future for the Denali’s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Thislife1977

Reaction score

The Denali is more luxurious, appointed nicer, bigger engine,and in my opinion looks much better.

Just FYI, it is VERY hard right now to find a Denali, and very unlikely that if you do, to get any discount on a Denali.

On the other hand, AT4’s are sitting on dealer lots around me, and dealers are discounting them, because the market is not nearly as strong as it is on the Denali’s. This may equate to better resale in the future for the Denali’s.

What area do you live? I live in the DC area and it’s totally opposite, Denali’s are plentiful but you cannot find an AT4 and most only last a day on the lot IF they aren’t already purchased prior to delivery. I’ve talked to dealers charging 5-10k over MSRP. If they are plentiful in your area the Dealership’s in this area can trade their Denali for an AT4!!!

Goldenbear03

Reaction score

Is this opposite day? 94.276% of that post is nonsense. He got the bigger engine part right though.

Dpm7471

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m in NC and in this part of the country, Denali’s are in very high demand and hard to get. I’m sure the market trends are different in different parts of the country for sure. Here, AT4’s are being discounted but it is quite hard to get a discount on the Denali.

As I said in the post, it’s a matter of taste. AT4’s have additional equipment that enable them to be better off road. This is in the GM literature. I personally do not like the look of the AT4, but it’s just my opinion.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Choice get a fully loaded AT4 or a basically equipped Denali? The price seems close; when you load out an AT4.

I would order it..anyone have any dealer recommendations in the Pacific Northwest?

thanks
Which one did you choose?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts